Monday, May 25, 2009

I recently read this on Jim Wests website and it really resonated with me:
"I don’t know how the rest of you were raised, but one of the things I was taught by my parents and my grand parents is that being a nice person matters in life. I am writing this because I have recently run into a couple of really “sad” people ....... and I am amazed they don’t realize how they appear and how disrespectful they act toward others. It is true, some people “get it” and some people don’t, so maybe they just don’t “get it,” and never will, I don’t know.
My Grandma West taught me you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. And as hokey as all that might sound, it’s true. Be nice, it matters! Just thought I’d mention this today since it is on my mind."
I try not to be too preachy in life or here-pretty much who you are speaks volumes about who we are and words are unnecessary. I always tell the boy no one can hurt his feelings/make him mad/frustrated without his permission. I recently let someone hurt my feelings and it is so silly I can let it go-easily. This is a rough time of the year and this long weekend was just delicious. I am so happy to have a fun, fabulous family, a job I love and an opportunity each day to do better and be better.
Everyone have a great week!!

No comments: