Saturday, March 29, 2008

GUESS WHAT CAME
IN THE MAIL TODAY????
My new shoes!! Aren't they the cutest ever?! The left is my name and the right is an abbreviation for the word "determined". That is my word for they year. I am very determined to make the changes (specifically my physical self) that are really needed for me to be a healthy, happy person, wife and mom. Go ahead, click on the photo to see them up close. I ordered them in January from Nike.com and they just arrived today.
I have tried them on with socks, without socks and have gotten the laces just right. I am like a school girl with a new pair of shoes. In January, I gave up Soda (specifically caffeinated, soda of any kind). I gave it up forever. I know that might seem extreme but I focused on that one thing to define my success as being determined until I was ready to move on. I dropped 15 pounds and have a new love for water.
I have known for a while that I need to give up sugar as in candy, cookies, pies, cakes and candy bars. Fruit of any kind is good but sugar, that addictive substance is where I am setting my sights next. I have been mulling it over for a while and made the decision that as of April 1, I will give sugar up for good. I know, I know it seems extreme but I love the challenge and I know I can do it.... I am determined!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Girl you go. I am so proud of you and you are such an inspiration for me to get in geer. Yes sugar is my downfall as well. I am thinking that first I am going to give up all things white. That is a start. LOL

Love the new shoes. Very very cool .

If I don't talk to you before have a fabulous wonderful time at Inspired and come back prepared to show off to us. Give Junie a big hug for me.

XOX