Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Some things never change

I guess part of being an adult is recognizing those qualities that are just who "you" are. As a child, I was a bit stubborn, impatient, independent and wanting to be in the middle of whatever was going on. Against the advice of husband and co-workers I went to work yesterday thinking I could help out our already short-handed office and still keep my ankle elevated. Yeah, you know you lie to yourself too girlie!! Long story short I was on the ankle whheeeeyyyy too much and had a little melt down when I finally laid said major swollen ankle on pillow about 6:30 pm. After many tears and repeated "STAY HOME!" from husband, co-worker, and boss I waived the white flag and did just that. It is soooo hard for me to just sit. Really, just sit. Here I am sitting....looking at Martha on TV and thinking of craft projects.....hmm trip to Michaels NO must sit.... dishes, laundry Sit girl Sit.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Welcome to my world. It sure sucks being stuck at home, doing nothing, when you really feel like you should be doing something! I totally understand, darlin! Great Day, Houston at 9, The Price is Right at 10, What Not to Wear at 11, 10 Years Younger at 12....shall I go on? LOL!