Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I might be the world's worst mom. Yesterday, I was mentioning to my son that I wanted to go and get him some tennis shoes. He says "yeah" and brings up one shoe-OMG they looked like the shoes of a homeless person. I am embarrassed, ashamed and mortified. The boys only says, "Look mom, you can see my socks on both sides!!" Do you think this boy mentioned the condition of his shoes at any time??!!! Nooooo. I know, I know I should have noticed-but although I am known for those teacher-like eagle eyes, obviously some things get by me. Needless to say at the FIRST opportunity I left work, got the boy and dropped a quick 36 at Payless. Lesson learned, I will be getting a second pair.
On another less interesting note, I am on a new mission to find yogurt I like. I bought 2 new kinds at Central Market and this morning slugged this one down on my way to work. I give it 2 thumbs up. They had me at Pina Colada. It was the real flavor with smallish chunks of tropical coconut, pineapple and something else. I enjoyed it and that is rare for me and yogurt.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mom does the boy know how to talk.....Yeah I think he could have said something about the shoes. LOL He is such a boy and yes two pairs is a good idea even though you won't ever let that happen again.

Let me know what the calories, fat and fiber is on the yogurt. WW makes some that I really like too.

Jen said...

Don't feel too badly. I lady I work with told me once that her son finally came to her at the age of 10 complaining that his underwear were just not fitting anymore...they were a size 3...remember the boy was ten!! It happens to us all at one time or another.