Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I don't know what it is lately but I am feeling the desire to write/create more than I have in a while. I had been blogging about once a month-if that for a while and now *pow* I want to share again-am unsure if that is a good thing or not-reader please decide for yourself!
Here is a photo of me, my mom, and my dear friend June. I swiped it off of her blog-thanks June! She looks AMAZING! So proud of her journey. Her sweet husband David grilled us up some dinner-it was yummy! We are here in San Antonio for work and I took a few hours one evening to drop in at her house and say hey! It has been fun hanging with my mom who came along to babysit me ala broken arm. She has been a doll helping me schlep my bags and keeping me where I need to be with combed hair and all.
Today, we got away for lunch. I wanted to try our Luke's-John Besh's place here in San Antonio. It was DEEEElish. I HIGHLY recommend it. We will be leaving late this afternoon and back in H town around 10.
Smart. I am with some very smart young people. I don't mean your everyday run of the mill smart. I mean uber smart. There are all kinds of smart. I have decided for today that I am going to be satisfied, for today, with my kind of smart. And what kind would that be you ask? Well here you go:
  • I am brilliant at picking out and ordering at very nice restaurants
  • I can talk about literacy until you beg me to stop
  • I can cook till your waistline begs me to stop
  • I can eat way more chocolate that you can-I practice all the time
  • I can astound people with my espanolie-not every day you see a blondie break out into some espanolie
  • I can meet, listen to and talk with anyone and help them feel heard and important

Not too shaby for a girl from a small town-eh? What is your kind of smart?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to see you blogging again. Sure have missed keeping up with you.

You look fabulous and I hope the arm is healing. We need to get together soon.

thejuneleyen said...

Such sweet kind words. We so enjoyed the visit. Can't wait until next time.