Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Sunday-a day for rest, a day for gratitude.
I am so grateful of the basics: light, cold air and cold water. Clean clothes, food and a way to cook it. I woke today thinking about the gift of time that we had been given and thinking about all of the little projects I could get done. In the end, I didn't do much. I cleaned out 1/2 of my kitchen cabinets. I made some creative brownies (no butter), and I went to check on the workplace. A friend was thinking of spending the night so I did a quick pick up of the house which is nice.
Please pray for all of those who are here, toiling in the heat, waiting for relief, and those who will travel back, holding their breath for what is remaining.
Mom and Dad came back today and are working without power. A generator is keeping them cool in one room.

No comments: